Forever MicroRanch: A Community Living Project
Frontier, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Last updated: July 1, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: September 18, 2016
Reclaiming Quality of Life: Intentionally empowering and advocating for the lives of farmed animals through a pro-intersectional model of sustainable community.
Forever MicroRanch: A Community Leaving Project is a diverse collection of human folk and nonhuman residents, acting together as co-citizens, who believe that farmed animal, environmental and human justice promotes health and quality of life for all.
We understand that our wellbeing as a community is directly connected to the kindness, compassion and respect we extend to nonhuman animals, humans and our natural environment, and we are dedicated to promoting a space of safety and comfort for all, here at Forever MicroRanch (FMR).
FMR’s permanent resident farmed animals are an integral focus to our social justice work, with whom relational ways of being are explored and lived within a multi-species community. As members of this community model, we are committed to pursuing and advocating for a path of least harm toward all nonhumans, humans and the environment, which includes continual cooperative discovery and incorporation of accessible, attainable strategies to live as compassionately and sustainably as possible.
Our organization is built upon the foundational framework of pro-intersectional veganism.
If you feel you would like to grow with us, contact us at @ ForeverMicroRanch.com to discuss your plans.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ForeverMicroRanch.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://PrairieVegFest.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/themicroranch
- Other social: http://instagram.com/themicroranch
- Contact Name: Alex & Jenn
- Community Address:
Frontier, Saskatchewan, S0N 0W0
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events, Vegan Farmed Animal Sanctuary
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
At present, FMR is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and guided by a group of members.
- Join Fee: $100
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Ecovillage Network of Canada, Zero Waste Canada
plant based, vegan, farmed animals, feminist, pro-intersectional, LGBT, inclusive, social justice