Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: June 1, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: October 6, 2015
“Fiori Hill creates a legacy for home ownership through respect-for-sustainability, socially diverse, and community-oriented residences that strive to balance the private comforts of home with the larger connections created by utilizing pocket neighborhoods. The community is designed for people of all ages because of its universal live-in-place home design and integrated neighborhood character.”
Seldom does a small community create such a big impression. We listened to what people really want and recognized that a large gap existed between what many building companies supply and what folks really want, need or can afford. Lifestyle and home is more than a house on its lot.
“Fiori” is Italian for “flower”, and this tree & flower-filled hillside community is reminiscent of the old village charm nicely tucked away in Hillsborough. Fiori Hill is bringing the reality of homeownership and community to the front and center with its design, integration, unique community amenities and purpose.
Fiori Hill, located on 17+ acres in Hillsborough, is a new, planned neighborhood of mixed-size homes dedicated to create a sense of place and true neighborhood. Conveniently located just west of the Forest Ridge community off Hwy 70 Business and ¼ mile east of Hwy 86, with close proximity to the I-40-85 corridor, shopping and restaurants, Fiori Hill awaits. It offers a feeling of home that incorporates the vision of a true “Village Pocket Neighborhood”.
Designed around the principal elements of timeless community, Fiori Hill has been carefully created to preserve the natural elements on the site including large open spaces, mature trees, and creeks so often forgotten in most communities. Walkable trails are planned to connect the neighborhood to local amenities. Homeowners will share common spaces, inter-community trails, and gardens that build community, activity, and security, and allow residents to enjoy the neighborhood in its truest form.
Fiori Hill homes will vary in size from 1200 to 2300 SF with integrated design, energy efficiency, well-crafted construction, authentic styling and discreet parking. High-quality construction, charm and affordability will enhance the neighborhood rather than volume, repetition, and separation. Many of the homes will incorporate energy-efficient flexible basements in the building design and provide storage and potential for living expansion.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.UrbanCottageProperties.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.UrbanCottageProperties.com
- Other social: http://www.ci.hillsborough.nc.us/dev-project/5926
- Contact Name: “Tofu Dave” Bellin
- Phone: 919-632-2052
- Community Address:
734 US 70 Business East
Share entrance with “Forest Ridge” then left on Maple Glen Drive
Hillsborough, North Carolina, 27278
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Developer builder Jeff Peloquin
Sales and consulting David Bellin
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $106
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Individually owned single family quality homes in addition to common green spaces.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Applies only to common facilities, no restrictions on individual residences.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious Community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US
pocket neighborhood, village, trails, walk, downtown, small, quality, green