Rama, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Last updated: February 15, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: February 9, 2011
orgainic gardening, retreat
My dream is to have about 20 two bedroom homes of similar construction that folks could live on part-time or full time.
My son is at this location,
I am in Rama, Saskatchewan, Canada I have a bedroom available for a person interested in visiting for a few months. We are starting plants and animals. 3 1/2 acres of quiet. A three bedroom cabin. All amenities. Furnished. $250 per month if able to work 6/hours daily 5 days per week.we are rolling. My son is here with me and helps a bit. He is a little autistic so needs understanding. We love God and our neighbour, which includes you so drop a line. Thanks.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.farmvilleinreallife/blogspot.com
- Contact Name: Steve Halifax
- Mailing Address:
Rama, Saskatchewan, S0A 3H0
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Join Fee: $250
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $250
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 30
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Wood stove to heat house and water
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Ecovillage Network of the Americas