Family of Friends
Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
- Last updated: January 3, 2019 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: August 23, 2017
opening our hearts ~ eco living ~ healing/growing
Main Post: (see bottom of post for Intro Retreat experience) (to get more of a feel of me, see my Youtube channel ‘Troy Schacht’: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjb57gm1uuWY3nshswrBZnw?view_as=subscriber)
My vision is to have four adults (2 women, 2 men, and possibly a couple children) who share much in common living together as a family. I’m looking for a very special mix of people who are interested in evolving toward the possibility of a close, long-term, intimate connection that feels right for everyone involved. My passion is around bringing healing to the world through transparency, emotional release/healing, emotional intelligence, and promoting sustainability. I like the idea of building trusting friendships and living together (since this seems to be the best way to really know someone) before even considering a more intimate relationship. My name is Troy Schacht ~ I’m a single, straight, 48-year-old male and have lived on Kauai for the last 8 years. I own a 4 bedroom / 3 bath spacious home on 2 secluded and quiet acres in the Wailua Homesteads. We have good WIFI; good cell phone reception; washer/dryer/clotheslines to air dry; full kitchen; bathrooms complete with bathtub and shower; venting skylights/white roof to keep it naturally cool; double garage; single garage used as workshop; high ceilings for hanging aerial silks,etc; garden; fruit trees; creek around back; kayaks and bicycles; etc. I’m open to an exchange that feels good for everyone involved. I worked hard for what I have and believe that society works best when everyone wants to contribute to the whole. I’m also open to friends buying a share of this home so we can be co-owners. I have no desire to be “above” anyone because I am the owner, but do believe in fairness and will take appropriate action to safeguard the values of this group. Everyone will have a say in how things go ~ your say is weighted by the energy that you contribute. We will make decisions by consensus as long as this maintains a healthy dynamic.
The traits which I would like to share are:
~ we’re open, honest, peaceful, aware, mindful, have high integrity, and enjoy heart connections
~ we’re sustainability minded ~ I have a mostly vegan diet and support that ethic ~ we embrace a joyful, deep, simple lifestyle; we believe in permaculture and organic gardening; we have a deep love and respect for nature and the earth; we take good care of things so they will last; we reduce waste
~ we don’t get lost in spirituality or conspiracy theories; we’re not religious; we value rationality and intuition; we seek truth and contributing to improve the world; we have respect for scientific reasoning; we have a sense of awe about the many miracles of nature, love, and the unknown
~ we’re healthy, fit, and active
~ we don’t smoke anything
~ we like to live in a clean, organized, and clutter-free space
~ we like the quiet and do our part to contribute to it; we are OK with wearing headphones when listening to music, etc.; we enjoy an ecstatic dance, etc. once in a while so we can all enjoy some music together; we embrace gentleness, close doors quietly, etc.; we are not people who like to have fans on, except for once in a while when it’s really hot or humid, but definitely not all night
~ we enjoy sharing meals, heart sharing circles, efficient family meetings, etc. and also enjoy our own space
Future projects: adult jungle gym type area with travelling rings and ziplines, treehouses, solar heated hot tub, outreach to promote a healthier world, etc.
My frustration with community building comes from a desire to find the highest truth and good when it seems that most people are locked into their individual “truth”. To me, in order to find the highest truth and good, we need a rational, balanced outlook that considers the various influences that shape a person’s “truth”, an awareness of the pros and cons of a “truth”, and a healing of emotional perspectives which lock people into a “truth” which has been shown to be unhealthy. I understand that it’s all complex with many unknowns ~ I just wish people could be more open to a process of going toward the highest truth and good, and healing, instead of separation and dysfunction.
If interested, we need to build a trusting friendship before I will invite anyone to live here. Depending on the level of trust, there may be a security deposit and a trial period. If you leave and have taken the appropriate responsibility, your deposit will be refunded. The first step is to email your full legal name, age, sex, and brief thoughts. My username on facebook is Troy Schacht in Kapaa, HI ~ feel free to send me a friend request and join my facebook group “Family of Friends ~ Healing Ourselves and Our World”.
INTRO RETREAT EXPERIENCE:
I (Troy Schacht), would like to host from 1 to 4 people at a time for a short-term Family of Friends intensive. This is not a business to make money, but rather a way to connect with those who share much in common and may become good friends. It’s an all-inclusive retreat and I’m charging just $40cash/day/person (due the day before) to cover my costs plus a one time $100cash refundable deposit. Duration will be as long as we both want to continue. This retreat is designed for those who are:
– 30 to 50 years old
– align with the traits listed above for Family of Friends
– considering the possibility of someday joining the Family of Friends
Possible activities tailored to interest:
– exploring various attractions on the island
– heart sharing circles
– hiking, bicycling, swimming, kayaking
– tours of my backyard/garden
– ecstatic dance
– emotional vulnerability/healing
What is included in this “all inclusive” retreat:
– bed and share rest of home/2 acre yard
– one vegan meal per day (I usually eat just one vegan meal per day) ~ any other food is your responsibility; you’re welcome to eat what I have (I do take precautions of washing, freezing and/or cooking to eliminate Rat Lungworm risk)
– transportation (I have a Nissan Xterra which seats 5 ~ only I drive)
– use of tandem mountain bike, single mountain bike, single beach cruiser, 2 tandem kayaks, a surf kayak, snorkel gear, boogie board, etc.
If interested and you sincerely think you are a good fit for this, email me or connect on Facebook.
Thank you and much love to all!
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2012
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2098873490340227/
- Other social: https://www.youtube.com/user/1troyjoy
- Community Address:
Kapaa, Hawaii, 96746
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Agnostic
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
eco, heart connection