Sagle, Idaho, United States
- Last updated: April 17, 2017 (1 month ago)
- Listing created on: March 29, 2013
center in the Inland Northwest. It’s an intimate, secluded gathering place where we emphasize skill building, self discovery, and respect for the natural world.
We are looking for people who are interested is living a retreat center lifestyle as well as being interested in the Eureka Institute programming. We can offer housing and a small stipend in exchange for running our garden and managing some events.
Programs are specifically designed to promote community involvement by providing opportunities to nurture and foster the over-all well being of each individual while exploring synergistic group interactions.
Please visit our website, eureka-institute.org for a better understanding of of our organization and facility.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 1993
- Start Living Together: 1993
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://eureka-institute.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEurekaInstitute/?ref=hl
- Contact Name: Steve Holt
- Phone: 208-597-6391
- Community Address:
6162 Eureka Rd
Sagle, Idaho, 83860
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $100
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Education Style(s): Private School off the property
retreat center, lake,yoga,construction program,weddings, reunions