Lakeside, Eucalyptus Hills (San Diego), California, United States
- Last updated: July 30, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: August 13, 2006
peaceful living together, allowing much privacy and quiet. Aiming at sharing one organic meal a week.
Seeking new members to join our community “Rifugio.” We are independent roommates with a passion for the environment, sustainability, and healthy living. We are screening new possible candidates to join us starting in October.
*Single rooms available starting at $645
* shared room (two people) starting at $400
* rooms with a bathroom starting at $ 795 (one person) or $ 855 (two people) per month.
PLUS one month deposit (negotiable), and your share of utilities, usually running $50-100 each person, depending on use and how many people are home.
In full capacity, the household can have 6-8 people, sharing a large 5 bedroom-3 bath home on over one acre (we also have a compostable bathroom and lots of space for hammocks and tents).
Absolutely must be:
* no drugs or alcohol
* clean and tidy
* avoiding chemicals as much as possible for household and personal use- (7th Generation, Dr. Bronner, and similar environmentally products are used instead)
* willing to clean the house one hour a week and garden one hour a week. We aim to do this together during week-ends so that it’s more fun and not a burden to anybody. You can opt out of your 2 hours community help by paying an extra $20/week or $80/month
* Must have a car because there is no public transportation close by
* Ok with no TV in the living room, and no noise between 10 PM and 7 AM
* Vegetarian, vegan, or raw food (some of us eat meat)
* Eat healthy and mostly organic
* Keeps the common areas clean and free of clutter for everybody’s enjoyment
* Aims at uncomplicated, conflict-free, zen-like, peaceful living
* not wasteful of electricity, water, and resources
* passionate about sustainability
* eager to grow organic veggies
The house is usually very quiet, allowing everybody to have their personal space and privacy.
We have independent lives, but want to enjoy occasional times together playing music or a game, watching a movie, gardening, and meeting different cultures, couchsurfers, workawayers, and people from all over the world.
We are also busy professionals and are out and about quite a bit.
If you think you may like this kind of living, please contact us by email with one short paragraph describing your interest, or call Claudia at show contact info
*Furnished or unfurnished.
*Outside pets may be considered with additional deposit
*Please check location before applying: no buses nearby. You must have a car.
This large house is surrounded by lots of fruit and eucalyptus trees.
Saltillo tiles around the whole house. No carpet!
Light and bright.
Grow your own organic veggies. We want to grow as much of our food as possible.
30 minutes from the beach and downtown
25 from Mission Valley
20 from SDSU and La Mesa
10 from El Cajon, Santee, and Alpine
45 from Tijuana and Mexico
16 hours flight to Europe 😉
This location is seven minutes from the city of El Cajon, near La Mesa and Santee, and well-served by freeways (52, 67 and 8). It takes 30 minutes by car to get to downtown San Diego. If interested, please e-mail your information.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.homepictures.webs.com
- Community Address:
1 oak creek
Lakeside, Eucalyptus Hills (San Diego), California, 92040
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 1
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, light meat/fish
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We want to grow most of our food!
Mainly vegan,but open to non-vegetarians
We abhor smoking, even if outside! If you smoke, please do not apply.
permaculture, vegan, sustainability, meditation, acre, San Diego, yoga, tai-chi, organic, vegetarian