Thames, New ZealandDisbanded Community
- Last updated: March 12, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: September 4, 2008
ecological sustainable living
Earthwise Valley offers an opportunity for members and visitors to step out of the mainstream world and explore ways of living sustainably, to lighten our ecological footprint—a way for travelers to give something back to Nature, while still experiencing some of the best adventures and sharing life with locals.
We are located next to the sea where the rainforest meets the deep blue Pacific Ocean.
Our efforts to live more sustainably include permacultural food production, with organic gardens and fruit trees, and ducks and geese; experiments with earth building techniques; timber plantations; and renewable energy—micro-hydro generation and solar panels.
- Status: Disbanded
- Started Planning: 2008
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.earthwisevalley.org
- Contact Name: Community Coordinator
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 5
This Community has DisbandedYear disbanded: 2010
Due to unexpected death of one of the founders.
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals