Monroe, Washington, United States
- Last updated: December 27, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: November 22, 2017
CopperMoon, the people, is an intentional family of four people. We think of this as “intentional family” rather than “intentional community” because it is the relationships that come first and form the foundation for everything else. CopperMoon, the place, is a small homestead nestled in the foothills of the north Cascade mountains. We’re at the end of the road and surrounded by forest, but only a little over an hour drive northeast of Seattle. The property is mostly forested with trails, and open pasture. We have plans for resilient shelter, energy, water, food, and waste systems.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2003
- Start Living Together: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.coppermoonie.com
- Contact Name: LightFoot
- Community Address:
7707 Woods Lake Road
Monroe, Washington, 98272
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Outbuilding(s), Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Internet, Cob Sauna
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Numerous food issues ~ some are carnivorous, some are Vegan ~ some GF, EF, DF
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Bright Future Now Network ( https://www.context.org/introducing-bright-future-now-and-the-bright-future-network/ )