Fairfield, Virginia, United States
- Last updated: November 28, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: September 5, 2017
Our mission is to build a family based sex-positive intentional community that are in concert with the FEC principles of egalitarianism, income-sharing, connection, harmony, sustainability through service, and ecological stewardship.
Our vision is to commit ourselves to the co-creation of a small intentional community/family of between 5-8 people based on sex-positive close knit connections and sharing of our lives and livelihood where harmony and non-violent communication are soundly integrated into all facets of our lives. We seek to build a sustainable income sharing model based on providing logistical support to the wildland fire and incident response communities. We also desire to reduce our dependence on the mainstream culture through growing & raising a substantial portion of our own food, implementing rotational grazing, water conservation and reducing our carbon footprint. We will strive to become better ecological stewards. Through labor sharing efforts, we intend to strengthen our bonds with other local intentional communities.
We are focused on the big picture of working nationally to sustain our forests, watersheds, clean air and our environment for current and future generations through providing much needed logistical support services to the wildland fire and incident response communities. What better way to truly make an impact on the environment than to serve the men and woman who everyday risk their lives to protect and care for our natural resources.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://cardinalridge.org
- Contact Name: Drostan
- Phone: 7034471231
- Community Address:
143 McClure Blvd
Fairfield, Virginia, 24435
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Sustainable service model
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 30
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We are predominantly omnivore but are open to other diet styles.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Community Plan
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC)
sex-positive, service, farming, farm, wildland, firefighter,