Caballos de las Estrellas Eco Community
Rodeo, New Mexico, United States
- Last updated: July 13, 2017 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: May 11, 2017
Our mission is to develop a community where nature is the central theme along with providing a sanctuary for people and animals, while living a beautiful, serene, self-sufficient, fun and interesting life.
An eco community comprised of private lots and shared grounds with amenities, permaculture project, RV/Tiny House sites, equestrian facility, and a commercial section. Our community is dedicated to self-sufficiency and sustainability, a little prepper, animal friendly, a wildlife sanctuary and with a moral obligation of giving back to nature. Designed with personal freedom and creativity in mind combined with a strong community/extended family. Over 1000 private acres with miles of trails for riding, walking, biking. Located in a low population area, good aquifer, mild climate, world class birding, hiking, riding, amateur astronomy, less than 10 minutes to the mountains.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2004
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.caballosdelasestrellas.com
- Contact Name: Zhenna
- Phone: 575-545-5426
- Community Address:
P.O. Box 19
Rodeo, New Mexico, 88056
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar, working on wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Fire pit, Gym or sports area, Equestrian Center, Clubhouse
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Atheist, Agnostic, Pantheist
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Eco community, Eco village, equestrian, animal friendly, rural, self-sufficient, nature