Buck Creek Village
Faber, Virginia, United States
- Last updated: September 12, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: May 28, 2017
To enable all residents of Buck Creek Village to fulfill their life’s potential and contribute to the well-being of one another and the greater community.
Buck Creek Village, a unique senior cohousing community, will be located in a quiet cove in Nelson County, Virginia. Nelson County, in the Piedmont of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is arguably the most scenic and well situated locality in Virginia.It is 30 minutes south of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia and 45 minutes north of Lynchburg, thus have relatively easy access to many cultural activities and highly rated health facilities.
The Village lies on a hilltop overlooking a valley, with broad, Mountain views. Ten homes, on 2 acre lots, will be sited mostly in the woods, with a 20 acre commonly owned parcel of both woods and open hillside and a path to the Common House.All lots and homes are privately owned. There are miles of walking trails, with amazingly diverse flora and fauna. In addition to many of the amenities normally found in a Common House, we will also offer clinical nursing services staffed by the Blue Ridge Rural Health Center and possibly telemedicine opportunities.
Clean clear air, delicious mountain water,peaceful quietude, young neighbors, aging safely in place design and a joyful community; that is Buck Creek Village
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.buckcreekvillage.com
- Phone: 434-263-4690
- Mailing Address:
524 Buck Creek Lane
Faber, Virginia, 22938
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $10000
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 5
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Energy sources: Solar, Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), community well
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
rural, scenic, aging in place within community, gorgeous setting, centrally located,