Boulder Creek Community
Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: December 15, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: November 8, 2007
Each community member participates, individually and in community, in the creation of a sustainable society and a heartfelt way of being together.
Boulder Creek Cohousing (BCC) is an intentional community made up of approximately ten residential members functioning within a 12-acre 363-unit condominium complex called Gold Run. The complex is situated in the heart of Boulder and is bordered by the beautiful Boulder Creek multi-use path, Scott Carpenter Park, the campuses of the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) and Naropa University, and near the 29th Street Mall. Available 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom condos are surrounded by mature trees and plenty of green space.
Our community consists of members with a diversity of backgrounds, careers, ages and views. We all share a desire to live in a conscious community that honors a heart-felt way of being together. We are a service-focused community that values creativity, having fun together, personal growth, conscious communication, participation, contributing to the broader community and the environment, and sharing resources with one another. We invite individuals who are consciously exploring: Autonomy (Who am I as an individual?), Belonging (Who is my community?) and Mastery (How am I growing?)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2008
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://bouldercreekcommunity.com
- Contact Name: Greg Sherwin
- Phone: 303-417-1690
- Community Address:
2907 Shadow Creek Drive
Boulder, Colorado, 80303
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
To be determined by the community on an evolving basis.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Most of our community members are renters. With this shorter term (e.g., 1 year) lease time commitment, we tend to attract some members who are more mobile in their community living commitments. This tends to generate a dynamic community personality makeup. A positive result of this is that our community has an annual retreat, usually in August where all of the members have the opportunity to explore what worked the prior year and what invites changes in the community vision, mission and structure. This dynamic provides a unique and exceptional community learning/exploration opportunity for old and new community members. Everyone gets to have a vote in co-creating their community future.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Gym or sports area, Internet, Our Health Club offers: an indoor salt water pool, steam rooms, saunas, workout room, racquetball court, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, tennis court, BBQ/picnic areas, outdoor sand volleyball court, multiple flower and vegetable gardens, recycling, electric car charging stations, and bicycle access.
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
The community members collectively find the common ground for dietary choices.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US
heart-centered resonance, service, creek front, affordable, personal growth, community, rent, learn