Castle Bruce, Dominica
- Last updated: August 10, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: July 18, 2017
to thrive as a multicultural, egalitarian and eco-centered community
to operate an income sharing community business
to manage a retreat center (eco lodge)
to maintain a permaculture homestead as well as hunt and gather from our local foodshed
to protect local biodiversity
to practice holistic health
to follow rewilding principles
to support one another through life
to build our story and life long relationships
An intentional community comprised of regional and international people with diverse personal and cultural backgrounds striving towards living a meaningful life through rewilding, movement, holistic health and sustainable living. We embrace an egalitarian, eco-centered and alternative way of life. We have a deep-rooted commitment to co-existing as part of local ecology, protecting the Earth, its beings and generations to come.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2017
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://beyondvitality.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://beyondvitality.com/community/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beyondvitality/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/beyondvitality?lang=en
- Other social: https://www.instagram.com/beyondvitality/
- Contact Name: Sara and Stephan Subero
- Phone: 1-767-613-8972
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Outbuilding(s), Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Recreational vehicles, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Holistic health (natural)
eco village, intentional community, permaculture, eco lodge, retreat centre, Dominica