Mesa, Arizona, United States
- Last updated: February 13, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 25, 2009
nurturing conscious community with a focus on learning from each other.
The Bee Oasis Living Learning Center is a clothing optional sanctuary for Sustainability and communal growth. Conscious, earth spiritual, life loving, positive people (and those on the path) are welcome. It has a nurturing, healing, holistic focus. Learn, share, and grow.
The Bee Oasis permaculture aspects include about 500 sq ft of organic veggie gardens, chickens, rainwater harvesting, composting, an edible/functional landscape and much more as a sustainable model in the PC community. Don’s homesite is a teaching space; he has tours, classes and workshops. It is a great place to experience an alternative life.
Plus, Don has a Xeriscape Garden Maintenance business, where he would be happy to show gardening skills and the plants of the area. And Then, Don is also a Conscious Dance DJ, hosting at least one dance a month.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beeoasis?_rdr=p
- Contact Name: Don
- Phone: 480-962-6353
- Community Address:
2652 E. Butte Circle
Mesa, Arizona, 85213
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Permaculture
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: By an individual community leader
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
garden and animal care
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Solar, Connected to the Grid
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Library, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling
- Expected Healthcare Practices: