Alentejo Community Portugal
- Last updated: May 26, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: May 14, 2017
Our Vision is the creation of a healthy and inspiring community for all its members, visitors, animals and everything else that is part of the lands ecosystem.
The goal is to create a place that is nurturing our mind, body and soul, a place that will allow us to heal and grow, that will support the creation of our own and shared projects, on the community land itself and also with and within the local community and network of like minded people.
It is still early days so, for now, it will not be possible to visit us at the location.
BUT, we are organizing this event in autumn:
Holistic Green Lab Weeks
25th of Sept – 9th of Okt
This will be a great opportunity for you to get to know the community!
We invite you to participate in one or two weeks full of learning opportunities, hands-on experience, fun and perks.
Contact us for more information here: https://project-community.weebly.com/contact.html
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://project-community.weebly.com/
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://equinus-with-horses.weebly.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/backtobasics17/
- Other social: http://project-community.weebly.com/alentejocommunityportugalblog
- Contact Name: Dee
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 15
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Internet, tools
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
alentejo, portugal, community, eco, sustainable