Aldea 506 Ecovillage
San Carlos, Alajuela, Costa Rica
- Last updated: October 15, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: May 23, 2011
Below was the old intro related to the project. Currently (Oct2018) we’re on hold trying to reshape the idea and launch another initiative in the near future.
We are launching a dream starting-up a group to develop a Costa Rican Eco-Community of devoted nature lovers. We do not have a membership guideline yet since the idea emerge just a few weeks ago but there is already some people showing interest to join. The crucial goal is to use all the knowledge, experience, skills and resources of the community members to create a sustainable living environment with comfortable but environmental friendly home standards.
Aldea 506 Ecovillage will be a project focused on preserve for ever a beautiful rainforest property but also will include some areas for the development of a self sustainable community with a certain number of members sharing a permanent or temporary residence space and a new model of life with full respect for the rich biodiversity of this Costa Rican paradise. The property is located in San Carlos, north of the country and already includes a 49 hectares (120 acres) of primary forest, river and facilities such as an acceptable road access electricity and potable water, but we could also consider some plans to adjoin more land in the future for additional purposes or new projects. Additionally to the main idea could be also very interesting for the mid term phases encourage the project as a permaculture model and/or experiencing with organic production. While the supply of electric energy and water is already available we also like to explore alternatives such as rainwater harvesting and wind/solar as clean energy. The property is also positive located in an area rated with the lowest level of disasters impact recently updated by the CNE (Government Emergency Authority) where there is not mayor danger of earthquakes, flooding, tornados or hurricanes.
Other important added value for the members of Aldea 506 will be the opportunity to share a living place among others with similar vision and philosophy building deep and strong friendship relationships were respect and principles will be the foundation of this inner culture. At this moment we are pointing out our expectations to find a member profile passionate by culture, arts, eager to learn and share knowledge, willing to help each other but also as mentioned above a nature lover person who clearly understand that we must do all possible to preserve the earth for the future.
As of now and while we continue working to shape in detail how the profile of the project will be, please feel free to contact us with any question you may have.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Roy
- Community Address:
San Carlos, Alajuela,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Unspecified, or Other
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
dream, costa rica, eco, community, nature, join, goal, knowledge, experience, skills, resources, sus