Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
- Last updated: January 11, 2017 (4 months ago)
- Listing created on: May 14, 2006
Health, Happiness and Longevity
Welcome to Ahupua’a Village! We currently lhave work trade accommodations and would also like to talk to potential community members who have their own income but would like to share the community facilities with us.
We are growing many crops in our beautiful garden and are continuing to build terraces down into our lovely jungle property.
We are currently looking for workers who can work with us 3 days a week (overall 20 hours) on major projects and daily upkeep of the property and garden.
Ideally a longer-term stay is what we are hoping for, as there is much to learn and it is nice to have consistency. A couple who would be willing to split up tasks of gardening, housekeeping, cooking, carpentry etc. would be a great asset to our project, but individuals are also accepted.
Upon receiving your application, we will send your our Mission Statement, written by our master gardener and team leader.
Skills in fields of marketing and sales are particularly of interest to us now as well as we are moving closer to becoming a market garden!
We look forward especially to hearing from those of you who are willing to make a 3-month minimum commitment to our project. For shorter stays,we often have a cabin with use of the garden and all facilities, available at about $250 per week. This would enable our visitor and us to determine whether a long stay might be desirable.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1996
- Start Living Together: 1996
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Hedda
- Phone: 4153423027
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 978
Kapaa, Hawaii, 96746
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We have leaders for special tasks.
consensusand move-in agreement
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Fruits and produce from the garden
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Mostly raw and vegetarian
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Raw food. Sustainability.