Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: August 13, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: February 9, 2017
Love, peace, kindness, good communication, being gentle to all living things.
Hello, Sat Nam, Namaste!
We are a family of 4 looking to start a small community for healers and energy workers.
Our background is in Kundalini yoga, Tantra, women’s empowerment, and conscious relationships. We’d love to find like-minded people to live with in a community (separate housing on the same property) that we can also use as a retreat center and B&B. We’d also like to grow most of our produce.
Our experiences living in a 60-home co-housing village taught us a lot about what we want. We are looking for like-minded people who are homeowners or who have the funds to be homeowners and would like to join us in making our vision a reality.
Things that are important to us:
–The community will be based on love, peace, and communication.
–Spiritual and yoga-focused
–Shared meals several times a week
–Pet friendly (horses welcome, too!)
–like-minded neighbors, especially energy-workers, yogis, midwives, herbalists, and healers
–eco-friendly homes on one piece of land so that our kids can play together and go from house to house but each family will have their own space.
–organic community garden
–Limited screen time for children
–Sustainable as much as possible…fruit trees, gardens, etc.
–No animals raised for meat on the property (meat eaters are welcome, just no killing on the land)
–Eco-friendly in as many ways as possible
–Children will be homeschooled, unschooled, or private schooled
Our community will include a Montessori school teacher or someone else who is a good candidate to teach our children to think for themselves and to be curious and explore the world around them, as well as teaching them responsibility and self-care, body-positivity, etc.
We do not have land at this time. We are hoping to gather 1-3 families and buy 10+ acres together somewhere; we are not set on Colorado, but we do prefer somewhere close to an airport and in a liberal area. We are open to yurts, tiny houses, larger houses…whatever will fit together into our community. We hope to have a yurt for a classroom and workshop space, too.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1363209993729391/
- Community Address:
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We prefer to keep our community substance-free, including alcohol, for energy reasons. Happy to discuss more!
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Yogic Spiritual Teachings
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
ahimsa, kindness, yoga, love, kundalini, horses