Quinlan, Texas, United States
- Last updated: February 21, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 6, 2005
To develop and live the beginning of a culture which includes the best of current civilization plus improvements.
Learning about the community and becoming a member and resident begins with reading “The Ultimate Frontier.” Adelphi is a place where conscious, deliberate effort to achieve ever-greater maturity is our purpose, and members work to create a culture that supports that goal. Come live, learn, and grow with us.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1976
- Start Living Together: 1991
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.adelphi.com
- Contact Name: The Adelphi Organization
- Phone: 972-563-1346
- Community Address:
PO Box 2423
Quinlan, Texas, 75474
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
maturity, virtue, culture, growth, cooperate