Pine Hill, New Mexico, United States
- Last updated: November 27, 2018 (4 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 4, 2008
We have met many beautiful soulmates on the journey towards creating a sustainable spiritually-focused community. However, it has become clear that very few are ready at this time to be part of a full-blown community building effort long term. This has resulted in a lot of turn-over and a lot of visitors, which has impeded progress. Instead of struggling with this situation and only being able to serve the very few who are ready for true heart-centered, spiritually-aware community, we have decided to reorganize and form a retreat center of sorts, likely a meditation sanctuary where classes will be offered, so that we can meet the needs of the many. This restructuring will require a lot of changes and more money. We are in the process of making those changes and raising the money needed to continue. We anticipate 2014 as being the year in which we will be able to restart in earnest. Please send us an email and we will keep you in the loop. Blessings and thanks for your interest.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2020
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Community Address:
Pine Hill, New Mexico, 87321
This Community is Re-forming
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
In general, everyones input is valued and asked for, from the time they arrive, and all decisions are made by consensus. Hierarchies of control are not part of higher dimensional consciousness. However, because of the nature of our current society, and the transitionary difficulties that almost all are experiencing now, a protector is sometimes needed to keep things focused and on track, and remove negative influences from the group. The community leader currently serves in this role. The ‘initiation’ period is typically a year. By the end of the 1st year, a person’s role within the community is always made clear by spirit.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 15
- Additional Comments:
In general, everyone must be self-sufficient financially at this point. Financial assistance can be available for a few if you are a really good fit, or are a super high-frequency individual (star being or ascended master student), as the budget allows.
6hrs/day, 5 days a week. Anyone visiting for a few days is welcome to just hang out. Anyone staying longer must roll up their sleeves and contribute.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegetarian, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Our stage of development is currently too early for gardening (No well yet). Our goal is to be 100% self-sustainable.
Diets vary widely between founding members, from anything healthy including home-raised meat and eggs, to raw foods, vegan, gluten-free, no sugar, etc.
Regular alcohol or drug use, including pot, is an emotional escape and is not acceptable.
Ceremonial use of tobacco and occasionally smoking hand-rolled organic tobacco or smoking mixes are acceptable. Smoking regular cigarettes is not acceptable.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Meditation
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
ceramic, earth, calearth, sustainable, spiritual