Columbia, Missouri, United States
- Last updated: March 13, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: January 14, 2010
Faithist, vegetarian, pacifist
If you meet the three criteria and are ready to begin the adventure, contact me. I’ll serve as a message center until/if we need an email list or web site. Contact information on my web site (www.centralmissourigrainsforfood.com).
Update: Building a barn, trying to establish gardens and native tree orchards.
Update: I found a great book on communities: Diana Leafe Christian’s “Creating a Life Together”. This book covers well all of the issues encountered in forming a community.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.centralmissourigrainsforfood.com
- Contact Name: Richard Knapp
- Phone: 573-814-3348
- Community Address:
2812 Pine Dr.
Columbia, Missouri, 65202
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Biomass, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: No
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Hoping to be self sufficient
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Faithist
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Bathe once daily, eat vegan or vegetarian, no drugs
Faithist, vegetarian, vegan, pacifist