New webinar series for FIC members
Sky Blue, FIC Executive Director
We’ve kicked off our new monthly webinar series for members! The August episode of The Community Builder’s Forum answered the question How Do We Get People To Join Our Community? Watch the recording here.
What’s next for September? Consensus: Learning to Think and Act Cooperatively. With group process legend and former Executive Director of the FIC, Laird Schaub.
What to look forward to in this webinar: For most people consensus is an unnatural act. It calls for participants to listen deeply, and to put the good of the group ahead of personal agendas. Because consensus thrives in cooperative culture, it requires personal work to undo our competitive conditioning—to learn to think and act cooperatively. We’ll cover the essential ingredients for consensus to work well, explore the nuances of blocking and the dynamics of voting back-ups, offer a productive way to tackle tough issues in the group, and make the case for why consensus can be the most efficient form of decision-making in cooperative settings.
Why would you become an FIC member?
- Participation in our new monthly webinars – The Community Builders Forum
- Digital copies of all issues of Communities magazine more than 3 years old
- Annual thank you to Community members in Communities magazine
- Quarterly Reports from the Executive Director
- Membership Badge and Directory highlighting for Community memberships
- 10% discount on FIC Bookstore items sold on www.ic.org or at events
- 10% discount on advertising
- 5% discount on tickets to FIC hosted events
- 5% discount on tickets to participating events sponsored by the FIC
Bonus limited time benefit, while supplies last! For limited time, while supplies last, new and renewed memberships can get a free copy of Within Reach or A New We, either as a DVD or digital download.
More than benefits:
There have always been benefits to FIC membership, and now we’re expanding those benefits. But that’s not the only reason to be a member. Being a member is a way to support the programs and services we provide to intentional communities.
Listing in the Communities Directory is free. A tremendous number of Communities magazine and other articles are available for free on ic.org. We curate a rich selection of books, videos, and games in Community Bookstore. We give interviews and provide information to researchers and media, support conferences and events, offer free and paid classified and display ads, provide fiscal sponsorship, and more. Being a member supports all of this work, which you can benefit from and benefits so many other community builders out there.