Beautiful Home for Sale in Rural Pennsylvania Community
- Community With Opening Land, Houses, Real Estate
- 33 Greening Life Lane, Shermans Dale, PA 17090
Home For Sale in Greening Life Community
Low $200’s – Contact Maureen or Dan at 717-582-7484
Built in 1998, our home is constructed using extensive reuse of materials. The particulars:
- Our solar energy system meets all of our annual electric needs.
- Around the home are hundreds of feet of walls built with stone harvested from the farm.
- Propane heat, water heat, cooking
- Wood floors throughout main living areas and beautiful tile elsewhere
- New well, excellent water
- Porches on three sides that give us a wide view into woods and surrounding fields, a patio under a pergola, a fire pit and a deck set in the surrounding woodlands.
- New kitchen with big windows and unique granite countertops
- Lots of windows on all sides of main living space
- $6,000+ in energy efficient improvements to shield us from energy cost increases
- Extensive, custom built attic storage
- Kiva fireplace
- Central a/c
- Separate wooded deck
- Custom built wood shed plus smaller shed off wooded deck
The lot on which the house is constructed is about 1.7 acres and is a leasehold with a long-term lease of the land held by the community.
The Community – Greening Life
Greening Life Mission Statement: Balance in life, stewardship of the land, emphasis on simplicity and cooperation with one another and growth in spirit. We govern by consensus.
Greening is a non-profit corporation founded in 1973 to create a place where residents can share the joys and responsibilities of intentional community living. A core of 8 individually owned homes on approximately 1½ acre lots is surrounded by pastures, fields and woodlands. The farm is 135 acres with rolling hills, woodlands, pastures and hay fields. Much of the farm is in a conservation easement protecting the land from further development. We have developed roads, hiking trails and outdoor community spaces. The farm buildings include a 100-year old bank barn. We have extensive farming equipment to support upkeep of our roads and green areas including a 2-acre fenced vegetable garden.
Membership – We very strongly hope that all homeowners at Greening Life become members. Membership is a commitment to subscribe to the bylaws and respect our fundamental values. Members share in the upkeep of the property to promote responsibility and cooperation within the community.
Governance – Greening is governed under its Bylaws and by consensus decisions of the members.
More Information about the community is at: https://www.ic.org/directory/greening-life-community/
Contact Maureen or Dan at 717-582-7484