“Muscadine” Off grid 800 sq ft ground floor dwelling for sale at Earthaven Ecovillage in NC mountains
- Real Estate For Sale
- Earthaven Ecovillage, Black Mountain, NC
Off-grid “Muscadine” ground floor dwelling at Village Terraces Housing Cooperative Neighborhood at Earthaven Ecovillage
800 sq feet (1-2 bedrooms), including kitchenette and flush toilet
Asking price: $158k
For remote tour, see: Video tour of Muscadine
Muscadine will open for move-in August/September to begin 6-12 month trial rental period prior to purchase, to confirm the community is a good fit for you.
Muscadine grape arbor stone patio graces the doorway into this cohousing off-grid timber-framed space, featuring:
- Main living area divided into 3 rooms, including a kitchenette
- An additional north room adjacent to private flush toilet half bath (with space to add shower/bath)
- Passive solar, cork-linseed floors, radiant floor heat
- Two separate private entrances, including the spacious covered stone patio with muscadine pergola
- Access to gardens and neighborhood common bathing and kitchen facilities
- High-speed internet available
You also have full access to Village Terraces common kitchen and facilities, as well as opportunities for gardening and hiking, with fields, forest and stream at your doorstep. Muscadine offers both privacy and community!
During the trial rental period for purchase, monthly costs:
- $875/mo rent (a portion of the rental fees may be applied to purchase price)
- $175/mo neighborhood maintenance/utilities fee
- 3-hour neighborhood workday/month per adult.
- Living at Earthaven requires 4 hours/week community service per adult, a one-time administrative fee of $25 per adult, $30/month per adult, plus $15/month per vehicle.
Where is the Muscadine apartment?
Muscadine is within the Village Terraces neighborhood, nested within Earthaven Ecovillage
This off-grid, passive solar, timber frame home–built of wood harvested from the land–lies in the center of Earthaven Ecovillage. Muscadine is within Village Terraces neighborhood, the most developed neighborhood at Earthaven, with a dozen or more ecologically minded cohousing neighbors. Comfortable and ecologically responsible amenities–including shared solar electric system, well water, and wood-fired heat and hot water.
Earthaven, an established inter-generational permaculture-based intentional community, is a 45 minute drive from Asheville (30 minutes south of Black Mountain). Earthaven community service hours (4/week) and monthly neighborhood workdays contribute to the community.
Showings by appointment only.
Cash buyer preferred with private funding/loan sources, as bank mortgages would be unavailable due to unconventional community context. Partial owner financing may be considered for a qualified buyer.
For more information, contact [email protected] See also Earthaven’s website, www.earthaven.org.
A unique opportunity to live in an ecological off-grid community!
CONTACT: email [email protected] (828) 417-4482