Sun Point Farm Sanctuary: Farm, Modern Monastery, and Health/Wellness
- Community With Opening
- Derry, NH
Sun Point Sanctuary: Farm, Modern Monastery, and Health/Wellness Center
Located in Derry NH on 25 acre farm.
A unique opportunity!
Temporary retreats and long term residence available. Experience the simplicity of a radically small ecological footprint and live close to nature, in sync with the Sun, and mindful of our relations. This modern monastery is located on a working farm with expansive community garden, goats, cows, and an environment conducive to living simply.
Several options exist from Adventure Camping (Spring-Fall) to long term room rentals.
- tent platform (your tent)
- Converted barn living space
- In the farmhouse or external
Spiritual practice: Daily group meditation and a mindfulness practice of body, mind, and spirit.
Physical practice: Shared diet, single menu, and prepared foods of core diet.
Profile of an Ideal Candidate: Some, or all, of these points should speak to you.
- Minimalist: desire to reduce and simplify…in order to actually do more with life.
- Curious and respectful of the practices at the monastery.
- Ideologically aligned with life at a modern monastery: quiet, communal living, shared spaces (own room), and able to interact appropriately (positive life view). Participate in key practices of monastery such as: morning meditation, group work, and workshops.
- Mindful of your ecological footprint. Includes: electricity, fuel, food, packaging, waste produced, and efforts to recycle and re-purpose.
- Confronting your addictions, rather than indulging them.
- In search for a break from trivial pursuit of modern life and looking to focus and center around significant pursuits.
- Any gender, single, couple, or family.
Example of Daily Schedule:
- 6-6:30a group meditation: sometimes directed and sometimes silent
- Weekly commitment to work at the sanctuary which could be yard work, building, gardening, etc. Commitment depends on your involvement and schedule.
- Simple, plant-based food prepared for the group onsite with emphasis on dining with group. Sunday is open.
- Yoga: solo or group
- Evening opportunity to participate in communal discussions and activities.
Some of the activities are optional. Some criteria is mandatory–such as interest in living a life of significant pursuit and nonviolent communication.
Sun Point is smoke, drug, and alcohol free. Non-smokers only.
Contact: Paul Antosh
603.660.4187 (text only!!)
Visit us on Reddit…for several posts with much more information.