- Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center 1184 Cty Route 11, Craryville, NY 12521
Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center
Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center, Craryville, New York is seeking a Kitchen Manager/Cook. The successful candidate will know how to cook vegetarian food, be friendly, organized, and professional. They must commit to being a contributing community member and to understanding the Pumpkin Hollow ethos of selfless service.
Since 1937 Pumpkin Hollow has provided a peaceful and harmonious setting in which our essential spirituality can blossom and grow. We offer a rural sanctuary to promote the experience of the unity of all life and to evoke personal transformation. The Retreat Center is committed to programs and events which uniquely fulfill these ideals. Our goal is to foster fellowship, service, and the study of natural laws that govern life; offering opportunities for self-discovery, meditation, healing, and connecting with nature. Pumpkin Hollow’s lifestyle is best described as organic in nature; a richly physical, social, and spiritual environment cultivated for over 80 years. It is an environment conducive to nurturing each individual’s desire to discover and explore their inner path. In accordance with our principle of respect for all life, our cuisine is vegetarian. This means no meat, no fish, no fowl is allowed on the property. Also, alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed on the property.
- Operate as head cook of Pumpkin Hollow.
- Prepare and cook lunch and dinner for retreats and volunteer work gatherings.
- Responsible for meal planning.
- Purchasing food and supplies for kitchen and dining room.
- Coordinate, guide, and work with kitchen volunteers.
- Coordinate with PH garden regarding fresh vegetables.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining room.
- Monitor propane levels in tanks for gas stove.
Hours/Compensation: This is a seasonal position from May through October with the option of becoming year-round. It is a full-time residential position that involves living in community. There is a taxable monthly stipend of $1,000. Benefits include: full room, board, utilities, internet, and laundry facilities.
Beginning Date: Available immediately
Requirement: Must show proof of vaccination for COVID-19.
Please send a cover letter and resume with four references to [email protected].