Information Systems Network Administrator
• Thorough working knowledge of G-Suite for Business and associated apps
• Proficiency with OS X Server/Unix administration, and supporting technologies, e.g Open Directory, LDAP, etc.
• Proficiency with Ubuntu Linux server administration
• Thorough working knowledge of the Apple OS X GUI and supporting applications (Mail, Safari, etc.) and the ability to troubleshoot and solve common end-user problems
• Proficiency in design and maintenance of network infrastructure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Very high degree of integrity
• Curiosity and an interest in learning
• Ability to live and work closely in an off-grid intentional community
• Positive attitude, congenial and outgoing
• Physically fit – all community members participate in keeping paths clear of snow in the winter
In addition to these minimum requirements, preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate facility with one or more of more of the following:
• Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
• Filemaker Pro including FMServer and FMCloud services
• Point-to-point microwave backhaul
• Telephony (PBX, premises wiring, etc.)
• Low voltage electronics (PLC, relays, sensors, etc.)
• Database design and maintenance, esp. Filemaker Pro, PostgressQL, ODBC, MySQL
• HTML and web design
• PHP, Perl
• Ruby on Rails
• Working in-harness at heights greater than 100′ (e.g. radio transmission towers)
• Living in community, off-grid living
Information Systems is a two-person team, with both team members working in partnership and accountable for all team responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the team include:
• Maintain the integrity of the on- and off-property network, phone systems, computers, peripherals, all physical and virtual components of the network and phone systems and all radios owned by the business such that they provide reliable, secure and consistent connectivity and operability.
• Provide on-call user technical support via radio, phone and our web-based ticketing system.
• Provide and assist with end-user training
• Create and administer all network and cloud-based user accounts.
• Manage software updates on Servers and all client machines.
• Maintain and administer our primary, secondary and tertiary data backup systems.
• Serve as an advisor and consultant to the Board of Directors, the Membership, the Business Director, Marketing Director, Finance Director and other stakeholders regarding the use and maintenance of the network, phone systems, and radios, network security, acquisition of new hardware, software and other technologies, and planning for future expansion.
• Work with the BOD and the Membership to create and administer guidelines and agreements for the community and business use of the network, phone systems and radios.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with outside vendors for purchasing, repair, maintenance and consultation.
• Create and maintain a system of documentation and storage for all computers, radios and software installed on business-owned computers, and maintain up-to-date service logs for all network, phone system and radio components.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the technologies used in the network and phone systems and keep up to date with developing technologies, available software and hardware upgrades and security issues that may affect operability of the network, phone and radio systems.
• Administer our proprietary reservations system (BLISS) and serve as technical liaison between Breitenbush and our developers.
• Administer, troubleshoot and maintain all elements of our Programmable Logic Controller and Human Machine Interface network.
• Administer and maintain our fire panel and annunciator network in conjunction with outside agencies and the Breitenbush Fire Department
• Design and install new network infrastructure (this can include digging ditches, pulling wire, installing and punching down new network nodes, etc.)
• Keep all IS-related licenses current (FCC, Security Certificates, Firewall licenses, etc.)
• Provide AudioVisual/Technical setup and support for Events (Concerts, Workshops, etc.)
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment in all IS work and storage spaces. This is a year-round, full-time position.
• Simple, rent-free housing in the Breitenbush Community, all utilities provided
• Full medical/dental and vision coverage
• Full access to all guest and staff facilities (hot springs, sauna, trails, etc.)
• Subsidized food purchasing from the Breitenbush kitchen/pantry
• Discounted massages
• Living off the grid in the woods on the western slopes of the Cascade Mountains
• Ability to participate in many events and workshops, often at staff discount
Compensation: Full-time regular hire positions at Breitenbush make Oregon Minimum wage.
Applicants can use our online application at: http://www.breitenbush.com/community/employment.html