Housekeeping and Event Set Up Team, Oregon
Clearing Arts Team: Housekeeping and Event Set Up
The Clearing Arts Team at Breitenbush Hot Springs is seeking Full-time and Fill-in workers to join our team.
Full-time community staff live and work on land long term. Fill-in work entails relieving staff for vacations and/or when extra help is needed.
We are looking for people who enjoy physical work, cleaning and providing welcoming spaces for our guests.
We are both a worker-owned cooperative business and an intentional community, stewarding a beautiful mountain retreat center on the Breitenbush River. Our 70+ staff and 35,000 guests per year draw on a deep sense of purpose and collective ownership.
We are seeking applicants who love cleaning and do it well. This means folks who are service-oriented, self-motivated, clear and open communicators, and able to work independently as well as within the team and amongst other teams. Applicants must be able to perform repetitive body movements, be able to lift up to 50 lbs, and be willing to work outdoors year round in inclement weather (rain and snow). As we clean all the bathrooms, cabins, bath and shower houses, as well as pressure wash the hot spring pools and tubs, applicants must be able to clean efficiently while maintaining an eye for detail. Usually at the end of our cleaning day, our team sets up and takes down events, carrying and transporting furniture and equipment to and from the different workshop spaces. A positive attitude and physical stamina are required to do this job well.
Important Note on Compensation:
Let’s cut to one of the most unusual parts of Breitenbush: almost everybody at Breitenbush makes the same amount of money. Currently that’s $10.75 per hour, Oregon minimum wage. However, for the right candidate, our compensation package is very rich. Though it is hard to measure, many of us that live and work here relate to the total compensation package of benefits as feeling closer to $20/hour.
• Free housing
• Free utilities (including long distance phone and high speed internet)
• Guesting privileges and discounted events
• Employer covered health care*
• Dental Care (100% premium covered by employer)*
• Very generous vacation package (Paid, Wellness, Birthday, and extended leaves)*
• Meals & Organic groceries at cost (including a free meal once a week and free leftovers from our commercial kitchen)
• Discounted massages
• Household items (Dr. Bronner’s soap, toilet paper, etc)
• Community living in the Cascade Mountains
• Hot springs, sauna, yoga and more
• Commute to work across a footbridge that spans the Breitenbush River
• Co-op member and ownership possibilities including dividends (profit sharing)*
* Full-Time Regular Hires
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.breitenbush.com/community/employment.html