House for sale in Valley Oaks Village, Chico, CA
- Land + Real Estate
- Chico CA
3 Bed/2 Bath Unit
1963 Wild Oak Lane, Chico, CA 95928
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath single-story home (1,153 sq ft) with full size loft that adds another 500 sq ft. for lots of storage or for the grandkids!
• Wheelchair accessible, open floor plan with high ceilings
• Bamboo and hardwood flooring in living and bedroom areas and tile in bathrooms
• Beautiful garden areas surround home.
• Energy efficient design with lots of windows and natural light.
• Location and vegetation make this one of the prime units in the community.
• HOA dues (2019) $223/mo.
The neighborhood is located on a 4.75 acre site less than two blocks from Chico’s breathtaking Bidwell Park. There are twenty eight homes attached in groups of two and three clustered near a Common House and surrounded by lush landscaping. Gardens, play areas and pedestrian walkways link the homes and Common House. Each home has a private outdoor area and designated covered parking.
Shared facilities include a swimming pool, sauna, workshop, organic gardens, orchard and children’s play areas. The Common House is the focus of much neighborhood activity. Its 3500 square feet include a dining room and community kitchen, recreation room, lounge with fireplace, guest room and laundry facilities. Another favorite gathering spot is the deck around our beautiful pond.
Our community enjoys shared meals once or twice a week for those who wish to participate. Meals are a wonderful way to catch-up and socialize with neighbors. Our year-round calendar of celebrations includes, yet not limited to, a variety show, Easter brunch and egg hunt, School’s Out Bash, Summer’s Not Over Bash, Oktoberfest, Halloween party, community Thanksgiving, Winter Solstice celebration and a progressive New Year’s Eve party. Residents contribute work hours to support the many aspects of the village, to create a sense of ownership, and to build community and relationship.
Chico is a vibrant small city with a university that is very bike-able with paved paths to downtown area or up Big Chico Creek to a variety of walking paths and mountain bike trails.