Waldorf Early Childhood Assistant
Breitenbush Hot Springs Conference and Retreat Center is seeking an Fill in Assistant Teacher for our Early Learning Program. We are a Waldorf inspired Family school providing childcare for members of our community/staff who live here year round.
We are hoping to find a potential community member who has a love for Children, a cheerful, patient disposition, possesses creative skills in handwork, arts and crafts, storytelling and circle time, can handle daily food prep and who thrives in a Community living environment. Waldorf experience and basic knowledge of Anthroposophy is strongly desired.
We are interviewing qualified candidates for to Fill in work. This entails relieving current staff while on vacation. Fill in stints are generally for a week, more or less.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Collaborating with the lead teacher on daily rhythm
Learning stories by heart and Waldorf circle times to bring to Children Food prep for snack times (twice daily)
Skilled in leading arts and crafts projects
Ability to work from 9 am-5 pm (with an hour break)
The ideal candidate must:
– Be great at creating connections with children and their parents
– Have experience teaching at the Kindergarten and/or Grades level (Preferably Waldorf experience or Waldorf teacher training)
– Be reliable and dedicated
– Have the ability to maintain a warm, safe, and caring environment that is orderly, clean, and appealing
– Have the physical stamina for daily kneeling, stooping, bending, and sitting on the floor with the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
– Be able to move quickly in order to respond to children who are active and may need assistance
After an initial phone interview, applicants may be invited to do a working interview consisting of 5-10 days. Housing and meals are included during this time and candidates will be paid minimum wage.
Community Living: A positive attitude, responsible work ethic and ability to live and work in a cooperative environment are a must. We are both a worker-owned cooperative business and an intentional community, stewarding a beautiful mountain retreat center on the Breitenbush River. Our 70+ staff and 35,000 guests per year draw on a deep sense of purpose and collective ownership, not conventional measures of wealth.
Important Note on Compensation:
Let’s cut to one of the most unusual parts of Breitenbush: almost everybody at Breitenbush makes the same amount of money. Currently that’s $10.75 per hour, Oregon minimum wage. However, for the right candidate, our compensation package is very rich. Though it is hard to measure, many of us that live and work here relate to the total compensation package as feeling closer to $20/hour.
Listed below are benefits for community members living and working at Breitenbush Hot Springs.
- Free housing
- Oregon minimum wage ($10.75)
- Free utilities (including long distance phone and high speed internet)
- Guesting privileges and discounted events
- Employer covered health and dental care
- Meals & Organic groceries at cost
- Discounted massages
- Household items (Dr. Bronner’s soap, toilet paper, etc)
- Community living in the Cascade Mountains
- Natural hot spring pools, tubs and steam sauna
- Sumptuous organic vegetarian cuisine
- Over 150 multi-day workshops, gatherings, and celebrations annually
- Daily Well-being programs
- Ancient forest hiking trails
- Historic lodge
- The Sanctuary for personal meditation, yoga and reflection
- Gift Shop with books and artisan crafted item
- Library for lounging and reading
- Stone Labyrinth
- Monthly Inipi Ceremony (Sweat Lodge)
- Commute to work across a footbridge that spans the Breitenbush River Co-op member and ownership possibilities including dividends (profit sharing)
Thank you kindly and we hope to hear from you soon!
Please click on the link below to fill out our online application;