Customer Service Reps Wanted for Summer at Hotsprings Retreat Ctr!
- Opportunities, Jobs, Internships, Business
- Breitenbush Hot Springs, Detroit, OR
Breitenbush Hot Springs Retreat & Conference Center has immediate openings for full-time and fill-in work on its Office Team. We are especially seeking summer hires (full-time commitment May – September). Positions may or may not lead to year-round employment.
The Office Team is seeking candidates who live their values around service, self-motivation and clear, honest communication. Team members assist guests in our offices and with over-the-phone reservations. Applicants need good customer service and communication skills, computer literacy, great phone presence, cashiering experience, legible handwriting, the ability to multitask efficiently, pay attention to details and work closely with a team. We are looking for candidates who enjoy administrative work. A positive attitude, responsible work ethic and ability to live and work in a cooperative environment are a must.
Breitenbush is not normal! We are both a worker-owned cooperative business and an intentional community, stewarding a beautiful mountain retreat center on the Breitenbush River. Our 70+ staff and 35,000 guests per year draw on a deep sense of purpose and collective ownership, not conventional measures of wealth.
- Strong customer service abilities
- Computer literacy
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to work closely and constructively with a team
- Ability to sit at a desk for 8 hour shifts
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Organizational skills – ability to execute tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to listen carefully to resolve guest issues within our policies using diplomacy and kindness
- Cashiering experience
- Administration skills
Important Note on Compensation:
Let’s cut to one of the most unusual parts of Breitenbush: almost everybody at Breitenbush makes the same amount of money. Currently that’s $10.75 per hour, Oregon minimum wage. However, for the right candidate, our compensation package is very rich. Though it is hard to measure, many of us that live and work here relate to the total compensation package as feeling closer to $20/hour. Below is a list of benefits.
- Free housing
- Free utilities (including long distance phone and high speed internet)
- Guesting privileges and discounted events
- Employer covered health care* (For full time workers)
- Dental Care (100% premium covered by employer–for full time workers)*
- Summer Hires receive 5 days of unpaid vacation
- Very generous vacation package (Paid, Wellness, Birthday, and extended leaves–for full time workers)*
- Meals & Organic groceries at cost (including a free meal once a week and free leftovers from our commercial kitchen)
- Discounted massages
- Household items (Dr. Bronner’s soap, toilet paper, etc)
- Community living in the Cascade Mountains
- Hot springs, sauna, yoga and more
- Commute to work across a footbridge that spans the Breitenbush River
- Co-op member and ownership possibilities including dividends (profit-sharing)*
At Breitenbush, you do receive free housing. Because our housing is very limited, there is the need to be flexible around housing. If you are a summer hire, your housing will be a platform tent. The tent roomy but it does not have heat or electricity.
Summer Hires (May through September), Fill-Ins
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.breitenbush.com/community/employment.html
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POSTING DIRECTLY!