3 Bdrm Green Home in Laytonville, CA (Mendocino County)
- Land, Houses, Real Estate
Three-Bedroom Green Home For Sale in Laytonville, Mendocino County, California – Permaculturist Dream Site!
Newly renovated, all permaculture bells and whistles onsite, ready for move in, workshops, Airbnb rental, lots and lots of extras.
The house: Two stories, upper bedroom with separate kitchen and bathroom. Beautifully restored hardwood floors, custom woodworking, redwood siding, grid-tie solar and solar hot water, new roof, new septic, wood burning stove.
Outside the house: Fully operational outdoor kitchen with cob pizza oven and attached cob bench, outdoor solar shower with wood boiler back-up (rocket mass heater), permaculture landscaping, composting, greywater systems, deep reliable well with filtration, large barn, and additional “eco-friendly” features, lots of fruit trees, gardens in place, mixed conifer forest (fir, pine, madrone, manzanita, oak), lots of wood available, beautiful winding trails through the forest, adjacent 8 acres offer 3 additional parcels for sale (2 acres each) for a green neighborhood or for you to spread out. Lots of room for creating your dreams, running workshops (which we have done many times) and communing with friends and the land.
Only one mile out of town (off Highway 101) and an easy walk to public schools in Mendocino County. Three additional parcels available as well, approved septic for each parcel. The vision is to create a friendly green neighborhood for up to thirty people. Parcels are zoned RR1 allowing for two single family homes. One bedroom septic system designed and approved for additional house.
PARCEL #1 FEATURES
- Two acres with a two-story, three bedroom late 1940’s home
- Purchased in 2004, the current owner has made significant improvements to the house and property
- Redwood siding
- Two bedrooms on the ground level. One bedroom on second story with kitchen and bathroom
- Standing seam metal roof (ten years old, fifty-year warranty)
- Three bedroom gravity septic system (engineered and permitted 2006)
- Approved one bedroom septic system (gravity) for second home
- Rebuilt rear staircase and landing
- Newly refinished hardwood floors in pristine condition
- Wood burning stove (permitted and installed 2012)
- Custom woodworking utilizing reclaimed redwood
- New paint on most of the interior and part of the exterior
- Deep, abundant well with well log and high-tech self-cleaning water filter
- Outdoor kitchen with cob pizza oven
- Outdoor seasonal solar thermal shower
- Rocket stove hot water heater for outdoor shower
- 2.3 kw grid-tied pv
- New solar hot water heater with integral electric back-up
- New roofs on main house, pump house, and garden shed
- Extensive permaculture landscaping
- Two branch-drained greywater systems
- New appliances throughout
- A licensed Airbnb for the upstairs bedroom with small kitchen and bathroom. This, to date, is the only Airbnb in Laytonville
- Electric Vehicle charging station: Level-2 40 amp “Juicebox”
- Upgraded electric service panels
- Road Association for all four parcels recorded with the County
- High speed internet
While the home has had extensive upgrades and is very comfortable, clean and livable, there remain a few opportunities for improvement:
- Bathroom vanity not in good condition
- No insulation downstairs
- Original single-pane wooden windows
House Square Footage: 1,360
Barn Square Footage: 1,200
POTENTIAL FUTURE SCENARIOS FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Imagine yourself on ten lush acres in California, surrounded by friends. Imagine a life connected to the land with beautiful buildings and lovely walking paths. Imagine development you feel great about, and partners that share your approach to living sustainably and well.
The future of this four-parcel development can take many forms. The developer is open to a wide range of possibilities provided that there is a basic commitment to living green and to some form of sharing at the community level. Perhaps it will be as simple as a good green neighborhood, or as richly complex as an intentional community with an education center. Maybe it is organized as a nonprofit or as a neighborhood association. The future depends on who shows up and what their interests are.
Buying Parcel #1 offers you an opportunity to play a role in the development of these scenarios. Parcel #1 is significantly developed and can be purchased as the centerpiece for your vision, with a second home that can be built. Or you can purchase one or more undeveloped parcels by yourself or with a group that wants to share the journey
Please see website for more information: http://
Thank you for checking us out!