Dallas east rural: Hunt County, Texas, United States
- Last updated: October 19, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: May 2, 2011
Organic rural east Dallas TX
We grow all or most of our own food–always all organic–no chemicals are used on this property.
We will share some buildings, optional meals, some tools, and live as a helpful community.
Homes: Our homes are affordable, super energy efficient, zero-energy with solar electricity, solar hot water, and rainwater harvesting. Members own their own home and we do not share income.
We will build from compresses earth blocks (adobe). We have had the earth in this area tested for strength. This means that much building can be DIY if that is your choice.
The ecovillage is laid out following Permaculture principles and practices.
Water: Our water is secure. We have diverse water in an area with 40″ average annual rainfall: Rainwater harvesting, well(s) from a clean aquifer, pond(s), swales, and other Permacultue Earthworks
There are several nearby large reserviors for recreation.
Community: This is a community with diversity of ages, races, and religions.
Farming: We farm organically via Permaculture zones, community gardens, private gardens, and food forests.
Land: We have the finances to buy land now and will buy land in 2013 in order to start working the land. Building in 2013 is not required, though.
Learning and Training: We have had, and will continue to have, classes and hands-on experience in topics such as organic farming, growing fruits and vegetables, food forests, earthworks, green building, Permaculture, solar hot water, solar electricity, building with compressed earth blocks, rain water harvesting, off-the-grid living, and many homesteading skills.
You can reach Terry for more information by calling 972 251-1532
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2011
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://cyberparent.com/dfw/ecovillage
- Contact Name: Terry
- Phone: 972-251-1532
[no address listed]
Dallas east rural: Hunt County, Texas,
LocationDallas east rural: Hunt County, Texas, United States”]
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
There are really no memberships at this time but a few people have been in on the planning
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Not yet but we will have moderate hours
no fee has been set yet but there will be a fee in the future
Not yet–but we will eventually have taxes and other expenses after buying land
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Other
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No~ this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Community meals will be optional but have not started yet
We will grow most of our food and food to sell
Many vegetarians but not required. Community does have a no kill requirement
- Education Style(s): Up to each individual
Texas, DFW, Dallas, Fort Worth, rural, small town, farm, co-op, community