Waterloo Region Cohousing Ecovillage
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Last updated: April 3, 2017 (1 month ago)
- Listing created on: October 18, 2006
Vision: We envision courageous, innovative communities in which people actively care for each other and the enviornoment.
Mission: We are building a sustainable, intergenerational neighbourhood that is socially and economically inclusive. We positively engage with each other and the wider community.
We are creating a sustainable cohousing ecovillage community in the Waterloo Region in Ontario, Canada. Our plan is to build 30 homes combining the advantage of privacy and shared common facilities. We manage ourselves through sociocracy decision making.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2006
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://wrcp.ca
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WaterlooRegionCohousingProject/
- Contact Name: Wendy Pearle
- Phone: 519-342-6535
- Mailing Address:
309 Duke Street East
Kitchener, Ontario, N2H1B6
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We have established circles as part of sociocracy (dynamic governance) structure. They are currently: process steering, finance, legal, land acquisition, membership, community life, commtech
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Currently $5/per person per meeting to cover expenses (i.e., meeting space rental, office supplies, child care, etc…) and $60 every quarter for membership (all in Canadian Dollars).
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Additional Diet Comments:
Currently many members meet weekly for a potluck shared meal.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US, Canadian Cohousing Network
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].