Last updated: January 11, 2015 (2 months ago)
Listing created on: October 10, 2011
(Anywhere, Vermont, United States)
- Status: Forming
- Formed: 2006
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Website address: http://www.waldenecovillage.info/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walden-Ecovillage/160800580680525
- Other social: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secular_humanist_ecovillage/
- Contact Name: Michael
1 Just Forming St
Anywhere in the world
Visitors accepted: Yes
Read the website, close your eyes and Imagine…
Open to new Members: Yes
Rational. Sustainable. Live. Love. Learn.
We are a group of Socialists, on a mission to create an Educational, Intentional Community Enterprise that’s grounded in Naturalism, Egalitarianism and Environmentalism.
By embracing Anarchist Communism, Sociocracy, Secular Humanist ethics, interpersonal and ecological intimacy, education, art, science and technology, we will create an high-tech environment that delivers optimal individual freedom and happiness, a strong and cohesive community, comprehensive sustainable self-sufficiency and regional ecological sustainability. And, we will do all of this, while living out our lives in an evolving therapeutic environment of our own creation.
Our Therapeutic Ecovillage will consist of at least 4 parts. Each component will serve three basic functions: 1) provide for the direct needs of the community 2) deliver revenue from outside sources 3) serve marginalized populations.
1)Walden Ecoversity: an education, research and training center that develops academic, technological and vocational programming , products and services that relate to rational, sustainable living.
2) Walden Farm: All community lands and natural resources constitute the farm.
a) It will provide year-round organic sustenance for residents & guests.
b) Functions as the hands-on training facility for the Wellness Resort’s Right Living curriculum.
c) It is the laboratory for the agricultural college.
3) Walden Wellness Resort featuring: ABA, REBT, Secular Humanism, Permaculture & various non-mystical Eastern practices.
c)Spa (yoga, meditation, massage, exercise, Dietitian, personal services)
4)Ancillary businesses will be developed from mission-related factors, community need and the skills that members bring to the enterprise.
Our Therapeutic Ecovillage Community Enterprise will:
1) provide ‘Quality of All Life’ research, training, support and social entrepreneurial functions.
2) demonstrate the exceptional lifestyle & individual happiness that’s derived from living rationality, communally & ethically.
3) grow, disseminate and replicate.
This overview is VERY superficial; please check out our website: http://www.waldenecovillage.info/ for a comprehensive description of our project.