Valdepielagos (Madrid), Madrid, Spain
- Last updated: January 25, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 2, 2011
Vida en armonía con naturaleza
Tenemos diversas comisiones, social, consumo responsable, jardineria, etc.
Hacemos comidas y días de trabajo comunitario.
Tenemos muy buena relacion con la población local.
***English translation added by FIC using Google Translate***
Ecovillage where 30 families live, with separate economies. We make theater for children, yoga classes, environmental impact consulting, information technology.
We have various committees, social, responsible consumption, gardening, etc..
We make meals and days of community service.
We have very good relationship with the local population.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1995
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ecoaldeavaldepielagos.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecoaldeavaldepielagos
- Contact Name: Victor Torre
- Community Address:
Valdepielagos (Madrid), Madrid, 28170
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $60
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Stage or Auditorium, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan.
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Eastern
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
Ecoaldea, teatro para niños, clases de yoga, Ecovillage