Ashland, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: January 30, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: August 13, 2010
low impact migratory
We move twice a year living in the mountains during the summer and the valley below in the winter. We use the talking circle for collective communication and decision-making. The Big Lodge (community space) is used for shared meals, circles, events, ceremonies and as a guest space. Our free-ranging children move through the woods on winding paths. Much of their learning and understanding comes from all that this way of living offers and by the collective and individual knowledge that is passed on.
Being with the elements is a living practice. Living on the ground, in a circle, centered around the open fire, listening to the sound of the soft snow against the canvas, or the wind making its way through the trees to our lodge and adjusting the smoke flaps accordingly, fetching water that is given from the springs and the creeks and gathering firewood on foot with a bow saw from the surrounding trees.
It is a rich and luxurious life. A gourmet meal cooked over an open fire and sharing food with loved ones around a living center, the hearth, bathing in spring water that is warmed by the sun or fire, gathering the surrounding plants to make a salad, wine or medicine, the personal growth that comes from the willingness to live and work together in community, the creative potential that can manifest from the coming together of people and the fewer distractions that the industrialized world demands.
Tipi Village in Southern Oregon is only just beginning. Great potential exists here, the potential that lies in simplicity. It is what we bring to the community that forms it. The mission is to continue to cultivate a culture of a multi-generational, diverse, migratory, off-the-road collective, to create something that thrives for generations to come.
If any of this resonates with you, the reader, please follow your inspiration. Come find us, share some tea and stay in the Big Lodge.
For more information regarding Tipi Village’s Land Liberation Project,go to http://landliberationproject.blogspot.com/
As of Imbolc 2016 there is no Big Lodge so best get in touch and find out where we’re at.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2008
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ourtipilife.wordpress.com
- Other social: http://landliberationproject.blogspot.com
- Contact Name: Tipi People
- Phone: 541-2926761
- Mailing Address:
PO box 342
Ashland, Oregon, 97520
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Location: Mobile
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Additional Diet Comments:
expanding in this area
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Rainbow Family
tipi, teepee, low impact, migratory