Last updated: August 9, 2013 (8 months ago)
Listing created on: May 13, 2009
Three Groves Ecovillage
(West Grove, Pennsylvania, United States)
- Status: Forming
- Formed: 2009
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Website address: http://www.threegrovesecovillage.com
- Contact Name: Three Groves Ecovillage
- Phone: 610-643-4411
West Grove, Pennsylvania, 19390
Visitors accepted: Yes
Please contact us via email or check our calendar on our website for the next scheduled land walk or public event.
Open to new Members: Yes
We have land in London Grove Township, on the south edge of West Grove PA, and intend to build a LEED-certified Platinum ecovillage neighborhood in partnership with nationally-recognized green building developers & architects.
What is Three Groves Ecovillage offering?
* A fantastic location on 7.5 acres across the street from the planned London Grove Community Park. Downtown West Grove and the SCCOOT bus stop are within walking distance.
* 37 individually-owned, complete units with 1, 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms at prices competitive in the local market.
* Ultra energy efficient, environmentally-sensitive buildings and site design that preserves the land’s natural beauty.
* Durable and quality construction using recycled and/or low/no-VOC materials.
* Net-zero energy. On-site solar electric and geothermal systems will provide all electric, heating and cooling needs, resulting in no utility bills for energy over the course of the year.
* An inter-generational, friendly atmosphere that is safe for children and conducive to visiting with neighbors.
* A large Common House, for optional shared meals and other activities.
* A pedestrian village that is clustered around walkways and the common house, with cars parked on the periphery of the site for safety and to maintain open spaces for nature and recreation.
* Lower water bills due to water efficient appliances and other water technologies.
[youlist vid="vxJrykbqrm0" width="720" height="480"]