The Metahive Project
Okanagan Falls, BC, Canada
- Last updated: September 29, 2016 (7 months ago)
- Listing created on: November 17, 2010
Eco Village,Artist colony, WWoofer’s favorite place to visit. To be a place of harmony with all Earthlings and the planet Terra.
If you have land in BC or any where else in Canada we wish you could donate it to the project. Please contact me via email.
Our wish to be located in the Okanagan region in BC, Canada. We wish to find any area of land suitable and good people to help make the project a reality.
If you have land or know someone who is wishing to donate a few acres or would like to be a part of the project or can help in anyway please email me.
Through the FB page we wish to nurture an online community and create connectivity to share ideas, experiences, knowledge and wisdom with all those who share our common, goals, values and beliefs.
In our world there is an awakening to a new paradigm shift that we need to work with understanding, love, and harmony & with one another to solve all our challenges. There is a shift in conciseness happening all over the world and People are awakening
to realize that old “society” and ideals of
“Fear and Consumption” have to change now. Please come be a part of the Metahive Project.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2009
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metahive-Project/172219270260
- Contact Name: Michael
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Depending on cost of land, supplies & equipment.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric, Biomass, Biogas, Biofuel, Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Hot tub or hot springs, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Goal is 100% within 2 years
for smugging and spiritual use.
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Start Some Good startsomegood.com