The Chicago Collective
Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Last updated: February 18, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: October 9, 2012
Foci: ecological friendly, cooperative, meditation/yoga, healthy communication, organic meals
Cooperative housing for eco-conscious folks
We are a cooperative rooted in yoga and meditation traditions living lightly on the Earth. We strive for a carefree, car-free life based on healthy communication, personal growth and organic communal meals
(some f2f, some on-the-go).
Our co-op is in the Ravenswood neighborhood just a few blocks from the CTA Brown Line, the Ravenswood Art Corridor and two parks.
If you’re curious, drop us a line to get the conversation started. Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll get back to you shortly.
- Status: Forming
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://sites.google.com/site/thechicagocollective/
- Mailing Address:
Chicago, Illinois, 60680
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
Generally 30 mins/wk for household duties
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Community meals are prepared by the community and eaten together or separately as schedules permit.
Community meals are organic and vegetarian.
Use of alcohol or other substances is (very) light to non-existent. Use otherwise wouldn’t be a good fit.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eastern
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
organic, car-free, eco, yoga