The Alchemical Nursery
Syracuse, New York, United States
- Last updated: January 12, 2015 (2 years ago)
- Listing created on: May 16, 2008
Ecovillage & Ecosocial Living
The Alchemical Nursery is a community benefits organization committed to the development of regenerative lifestyles and landscapes utilizing the principles and ethics of Permaculture, the Intentional Communities movement, Ecovillage living, and Mutual Aid activity. By providing educational resources, dialogue space, networking tools, and project development we are growing together towards cultural transformation, right livelihood, and equilibrium between local human society and our global ecological community.
1. Facilitate Permaculture based ethics, education, and hands-on experiences to assist individuals in becoming more self-reliant and connected to their ecological environment.
2. Advance an understanding of Intentional Community and Ecovillage based lifestyles and philosophies
3. Direct the continued research and development of the DUCk (Decentralized Urban Community) Land Trust model
4. Aggregate and coordinate educational and project based initiatives based in cooperative and mutual aid methodologies
5. Provide logistic, financial, organizational, and public support to other like-minded endeavors.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlchemicalNursery
- Contact Name: The Alchemical Nursery
- Phone: 315 308 1372
717 Otisco St.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Shared Housing (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling.), Organizations~ Resources~ or Networks, Other
- Programs & Activities: Organizations, Resources, or Networks
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Board of Directors
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
5-10 Hours Per Month
To make what is a for them a “Significan Monetary Contribution” to support the organization’s activities. i.e an annual donation, which may be $0 if the member has no personal finances.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Other
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat important – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Vegetarian or Vegan Preferred.
Primarily Vegetarian and Vegan
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Ecovillage Network of the Americas
Bitternut Homestead, New Environment Association, EcoVillage at Ithaca, Celowy Home, Bread and Roses Collective House, Bread and Roses – Base community, Common Place Land Cooperative