Last updated: February 28, 2016 (5 months ago)
Listing created on: April 10, 2011
(Nubeena, Tasmania, Australia)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2013
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://www.tasmanecovillage.org.au
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tasman-Ecovillage-194545617247792/
- Contact Name: Karen Weldrick
- Phone: 0418361015
- Community Address:
1583 Nubeena Rd
Nubeena, Tasmania, 7184
Our vision is a thriving, caring community which celebrates our connection with the earth and with each other.
Overlooking Parsons Bay in Nubeena, on the stunningly beautiful Tasman Peninsula, our 23 acre property is being transformed into a modern, sustainable and affordable community. We are re-purposing a 70s motel and are fortunate to have inherited several lovely community spaces – a large kitchen, common room, spa and sauna, tennis courts and bbq area. The land is undulating with diverse natural features.
Just an hour and a quarter from Tasmania’s capital city, Hobart, we are surrounded by beaches, forest and magnificent scenery. We are five minutes walk from the centre of Nubeena, where there are many services: district school to year 10, police and emergency services, doctor, chemist, post office, two supermarkets and a tavern.
We have a vision of a way of life that –
● affirms our understanding that we are an integral part of nature, respects all beings, and treads more lightly on the Earth,
● acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land and the rich diversity of our own ancestral histories,
● is resilient and able to adapt to a changing world,
● is sustainable ecologically, socially and economically,
● is developing efficient, sustainable and locally-based systems for food, water and energy,
● is cooperative and mutually supportive,
● has decision-making and group processes which promote harmony,
● encourages a focus on relationship and inner peace,
● provides a safe, loving environment where everyone flourishes and is nurtured,
● is a vibrant hub of community arts and crafts,
● is fully engaged with the larger community of which it is a part, and
● is a place of healing, training and education