Stardust Center for Sustainability and Community
Florida, Landangui, Loja Province, Ecuador
- Last updated: November 5, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: May 6, 2011
create new eco-villages
To serve as a model of possibility. To educate, encourage and enable the pioneers of new Eco-Villages and Communities.
To live as sustainably and harmoniously as possible and practical with each other and the planet.
Currently in the planning stages for a crowdfunding campaign to buy land in Ecuador
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stardust-Center-for-Sustainability-and-Community/223930710954721?ref=br_rshttp://
- Contact Name: Paul
Florida, Landangui, Loja Province,
LocationFlorida, Landangui, Loja Province, Ecuador”]
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Decision Making: By an individual community leader
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
That’s me right now but am working diligently to spread leadership around!
Firm decision not yet made but will probably use something less than complete consensus
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Independent right now but am hoping for at least one community business
Maybe depends on situation
No set limit yet but we have a lot to do!
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Envision eating at least one meal a day communally
The area in Ecuador we plan to live in has a year-round growing season. So, we hope to grow the majority of our own food.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Unitarian Universalist
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
Ecuador, South America, eco-village, sustainability, non-profit, community