Sharing Circle Gardens
Georgetown, Ohio, United States
- Last updated: March 7, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: September 17, 2006
We are just two older gardeners, still willing to experiment, living on a one acre site inside the small town of Georgetown, OH. We are slowly planting semi-dwarf fruit trees, and doing some gardening along permaculture lines.
Our diet is mostly vegetarian; we’re non-smokers, and choose to not have a TV. We get our news via NPR & the internet.
Brief meditation is part of our daily routine each morning; & we attune to the nature spirits. One of our influences is Sirius Community in MA, where one of us (Mike) spent 10 happy years.
We live in a 3-bdrm house, w/ 2 baths. One of our rooms we are converting to a starter greenhouse. And we have a 2-car garage w/ side sheds.
There’s a state-wide organic farmers group we’re part of (OEFFA), w/ regular
local chapter mtgs.
Our aim is to establish a more resilient & sustainable garden-based homestead here.
Books & authors we’re influenced by are: John Jeavons; Eliot Coleman; “Findhorn Garden”; Tanis Helliwell’s “Summer with the Leprechauns;” Richard Heinberg; Paul Von Ward; Robert Shapiro’s “Explorer Race;” Zecharia Sitchin; Graham Hancock; & Neale Walsch.
All the best, Mike Murphy & Birdie Fetterhoff
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 1999
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Phone: 937-378-0877
- Community Address:
416 No. Elm St.
Georgetown, Ohio, 45121
This Community is Re-formingYear re-formed: 2012-01-01
Sharing Circle Community Farm; Sharing Circle ‘Gypsy Garden-eers’
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Decisions are by consensus.
Discussion, proposal, meditation, consensus decision.
- Join Fee: $200.00
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
We expect some sharing of community work.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
in each house.
Birdie & Mike are both mostly vegetarian.
No smoking indoors. We two don’t smoke at all.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].