Last updated: December 28, 2015 (7 months ago)
Listing created on: August 30, 2013
School of Integrated Living (SOIL)
(Black Mountain, North Carolina, United States)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1993
- Start Living Together: 1994
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://www.schoolofintegratedliving.org/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/schoolofintegratedliving
- Contact Name: NikiAnne Feinberg
- Phone: 828-669-2204
The mission of SOIL is to inspire and empower people to live responsible and creative lives by providing experiential education in integrated living and regenerative systems.
The School of Integrated Living (SOIL) is based out of Earthaven Ecovillage 50 minutes outside of Asheville, NC. SOIL has been providing quality education since 2013.
2016 Experiential Education Offerings at Earthaven Ecovillage >>>
* Kudzu Camp (Feb 25-29)
* Milpa Farming Series (April -October)
* Shoemaking with Michael Ismerio (May 5-8)
* Permaculture School: Ecological Design and Living Skills (June 8-Sept 2)
* Permaculture Design Certification Course (June 10-26)
* Permaculture Short Courses (July-August)
* Grief Ritual with Sobonfu Somé (Dates TBD)
* Building Communities Conference Details soon!
Based out of Earthaven Ecovillage, SOIL offers dynamic and profound experiential education programs in which participants are immersed into the village, homes, lives, businesses, and farms of their hosts and faculty for a hands-on, skill-building, life-changing experience. The programs take place at the farms and off-grid neighborhood homesteads within and near Earthaven Ecovillage, a 21-year-old developing ecovillage. This village and land-based community has the unique ability to host hands-on, skill-building immersions with the physical, economic, agricultural, and social infrastructure necessary for featuring some of the most exciting aspects of whole-life education. Through work and study participants become intimately familiar with the three-legged stool of sustainability: environmental, social, and economic with a specific focus on heritage crafts, organic food production, regenerative systems, and community living.
The Permaculture School is a yearlong learning journey with a 3-month residency near Asheville, NC at Earthaven Ecovillage. Dive deep into gaining skills and knowledge in Design Systems & Projects + Organic Gardening + Generative Foodsheds + Food As Medicine + Herbal Medicine & Botany + Ecological & Natural Building + Renewable Energy + Wise Water Practices + Personal Growth & Communication + Vision & Leadership.