Last updated: March 19, 2016 (11 months ago)
Listing created on: January 26, 2005
Rocky Hill Cohousing
(Northhampton, Massachusetts, United States)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2001
- Start Living Together: 2005
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://www.rockyhillcohousing.org/
- Contact Name: Rocky Hill Cohousing
- Community Address:
106 Black Birch Trail
Northhampton, Massachusetts, 01062
r r r Mission and Values r r r
The Mission of Rocky Hill Co-Housing is to be a thriving community
of neighbors, whose life together fosters connectedness,
learning from each other and living lightly on the earth.
We value and strive toward:
1. Supporting and nurturing each community member, from infant to elder,
and treating each other with kindness, compassion and respect.
2. Welcoming people of diverse identities, including race, ethnicity, spirituality, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family composition and
3. Building relationships and connections through daily interactions, community meals, activities, celebrations, rituals, work and helping one another.
4. Raising children together in community.
5. A decision-making process that builds consensus by soliciting and valuing input from all, ensuring that everyone is heard and resulting in decisions
that everyone can agree to live by.
6. Resolving conflicts through honest, direct and respectful communication.
7. Giving our care, time and work to ourselves, our families and homes,
our community at Rocky Hill, the wider community and the world.
8. Improving our collective and individual stewardship of the earth
and minimizing our impact on the planet.
9. Creating and maintaining an emotional and physical environment
that encourages and supports mutual concern and well-being.
approved january 9, 2010
We have created a neighborhood that recaptures the essence of community, a human environment that fosters interconnectedness, safety, growth, and meaningful live. The physical environment serves the needs and enhances the well-being of the individuals and the community. We wish to live in harmonious relationship to our place on the earth.
Our cohousing neighborhood includes 28 homes (mostly duplexes) clustered around a common house. There are also five “associate member” (privately owned) houses built along the road leading into Rocky Hill Cohousing.
We own 28 acres and occupy nine; the remainder is forested.