Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: February 28, 2017 (3 months ago)
- Listing created on: January 6, 2006
So far, we’re envisioning a peaceful, musical, low-key lifestyle, with eclectic or earth spirituality. Most dogs would probably not fit into this vegan/vegetarian picture, due to barking, chasing, and/or killing wildlife and our chickens!
We’re thinking to be somewhere in the warmer regions of North America, depending on the people who join.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrimitiveVeganVegetarian/
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.oneplanettrust.org
- Contact Name: G.L.
- Mailing Address:
PO Box 164
Cottage Grove, Oregon, 97424-0006
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: yet to be decided; maybe modified consensus or sociocracy?
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Biomass, Biogas, Passive Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Vegetarian and/or vegan
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Nature/Earth spirituality
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), OPEN Trust
vegetarian, primitive, ecology