Peaceful Village and Intentional Community
- Last updated: May 26, 2017 (3 days ago)
- Listing created on: May 19, 2017
Building a world based on love, sharing, and compassion for all expressions of life. We do not kill any living creature and teach others the act of non-violence (ahimsa). We strive to minimize or cause no harm.
We are planning to create an intentional vegan community in Belize within the next few years starting in 2019. The concept and planning began in 2014. Food in the community is either wild or veganically grown.
Peaceful Village – Main Principles
(based on Will Tuttle’s book Your Inner Islands)
1. Not to kill but to cherish all life.
2. Not to take what is not given, but to respect the things of others.
3. Not to engage in sexual misconduct, but to practice purity of mind and self-restraint.
4. Not to lie but to speak the truth.
5. Not to use or cause others to use liquors or drugs that confuse or weaken the mind, but to keep the mind clear.
If anyone would like to donate or help build this community, please contact us.
info [at] weareinterconnected [dot] com or
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 2019
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.weareinterconnected.com
- Contact Name: Michael Lanfield
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: To be Determined
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We do have several community leaders, but all of us in the community are equal.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 15
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Each person is required to put in at least 15 to 20 hours of work per week to build the community. Some skills needed.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Raw or Mostly Raw, Veganic and wild grown
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Peaceful Village and Intentional Community is an ethical and spiritual community based on the interconnectedness of all life. We are 100% vegan community and consume high raw fruit diet. Though not everyone here is required to eat all raw fruit/diet, everyone staying here must be 100% vegan. We do not have/use any alcohol or tobacco in our community.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
The World Peace Diet, Worldwide Prayer Circle for Animals, World Peace Diet Facilitator
vegan, fruit, spirituality, intentional community, community, vegan community, love, spiritual