Last updated: March 15, 2010 (4 years ago)
Listing created on: June 11, 2007
(Terlingua, Texas, United States)
- Status: Forming
- Formed: 2007 Established: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Contact Name: PAZ Ecovillage
Terlingua, Texas, 79852
Visitors accepted: Yes
Please contact email@example.com.
Open to new Members: Yes
Permanent Autonomous Zone
PAZ Ecovillage is an oasis of biodiversity that represents a Permanent Autonomous Zone, or PAZ, dedicated to self-reliance, self-expression, sustainability, peace, and freedom from the conventional standards of society by utilizing the path of least resistance: the natural environment, conserving its resources, and living with the Earth in cohesion in a consensus-based community.
Our overall intention and creative objectives are directed towards
1. co-creating several sustainable structures;
2. incorporating environmental values and sustainability into the broader community;
3. expanding on the ability to accommodate many diverse groups of people;
4. hosting conferences, retreats, workshops, and educational training sessions on the following aspects of sustainability: permaculture, organic gardening, sustainable living, ecosystems, and renewable technologies like biofuel, wind power, and solar energy. We also plan to promote specific eco-construction training programs on adobe, earthship biotecture, autonomous building, and various other sustainable dwellings.
There will be dedicated areas around the property for outdoor art installations and art showings, as well as a school building, a holistic and naturopathic healing arts center, an events amphitheater for music and dance performances, and an independent travelers’ hostel, all in the planning stages for the near future.