Our Home – Cathedral Park
Portland, Or, Alabama, United States
- Last updated: January 10, 2017 (4 months ago)
- Listing created on: January 10, 2017
Our Home – Cathedral Park is an intentionally diverse and inclusive neighborhood that will be diverse in family structure (singles, couples and families), age, ability, socioeconomics, and interests (what they bring to the community table) built to be architecturally modern, urban, lasting, and looking to the future.
Our goal is to create a pocket neighborhood community consisting of families who have the opportunity for home-ownership and include individuals often seen as ‘at-risk’ (elders, people who experience disability and people below median income). This community will be based on strengths, interests and shared values not deficits and needs.
Our Home – Cathedral Park will be twenty, for-sale units and will range from 1 – 3 bedrooms between 600 – 1,500sf. All units will face a central, shared, landscaped courtyard and have either direct access to the courtyard or to an outdoor deck that faces the courtyard. Units will be efficient, sustainable, accessible, affordable, aesthetically pleasing, welcoming and a neighborhood asset. The Our Home – Cathedral Park will provide the hub of home to ground from and extend out from for work, school and the larger community where our children, our adults, and our seniors can build relationships and community. Through private and community partnerships, Our Home plans to make available a percentage of homes at below market prices or will assist with supports and subsidies to encourage affordability for individuals or families at 80% or below of median income.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.inclusivecommunitycollaborative.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Our-Home-Inclusive-Community-Collaborative
- Contact Name: Alicia DeLashmutt
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, intentionally diverse including, but not limited to, seniors, people who experience disability, low income
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: yet to be determined
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We are currently gathering members and will determine how we want to move forward together.
- Join Fee: $100
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Clean Energy from the Grid
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Fire pit
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
inclusive, disability, senior, diverse, low income, subsidies, strengths, gifts, beauty